Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Serves: 8-10 vadas
- 300 gm of urad dal (also sold as urad bean or white lentil)
- 1 big onion
- 1 or 2 green chilies( 2 teaspoons chilies)
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (powder, as per taste)
- salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (optional)
- Wash and soak lentil for 1 hour
- Now grind it ( I use my regular blender) try to add very little water
- You will get a nice fluffy white batter
- Chop onion, chilies,ginger and mix all the ingredients in batter.
- Mix it well and now make small ball sand a hole in the center and deep fry in medium flame till the both sides turn golden brown.
- Enjoy Vadai with coconut chutney or any chutney or souce of your choice, I like to have it with tomato sauce.